In the digital marketing space, you have to read and learn a lot, otherwise your skills will get dated and have a short shelf life. I enjoy reading content from all of these sources and turn to them for learning and information.
If you’d like to be listed here, contact me and I’ll review your content.
- Justin Cutroni is the Analytics evangelist for Google – it’s harder to find someone more evangelical about Analytics. His site is packed with interesting ideas and solutions, such as setting up Content Groups and Advanced Content Tracking in Google Analytics.
- Avinash Kaushik is the Digital Marketing evangelist for Google and has a lot of passion about Analytics. I saw him speak at SES Chicago and he’s a fantastic speaker, as well as the author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Web Analytics: An Hour A Day.
Google Tag Manager
- Simo Ahava has a tremendous site and is a fantastic resource for learning about Google Tag Manager. When I was learning Google Tag Manager and experimenting, I found his Weather Data post and Fun With Google Tag Manager Part 1 and Part 2 to be very illuminating.
- SEER Interactive’s blog has some great content about a lot of things – analytics, marketing, SEO, PPC, Content. I find a lot of their blog posts to be very useful.
- Moz is a company that’s well-regarded in the digital space, and they have a lot of content and are pretty authoritative; it’s hard to go wrong with what they publish.
- ConversionXL’s blog is another good resource which pushes testing, and focusing on the ultimate online goal – conversions.
- Marketing Charts is a great resource for gathering useful information about anything!
- SEO Book’s blog is mostly about SEO, but also has lots of good resources and content for marketers, analytics, and designers.
- Emailmonday talks a ton about email marketing tips, and this post on mobile email usage statistics is up-to-date and very informative – super useful for presentations and blogs!
Research, Trends, News
- Baymard conducts research and discusses trends on large e-commerce sites. Fantastic research and always shareable. Be sure to check out their Form Field Usability study and Limitations When Designing For Mobile.
- Smashing Magazine has a lot of inspiring tutorials, not necessarily about marketing or analytics, but about web development and is a site I read constantly.
- Tuts+ puts out some fun projects and tutorials that help expand skillsets, such as code, photography, web design, business and more.
- A List Apart is mostly for designers, however, they have some useful content for marketers and analytics alike